Foreign Bank Account Report
(FBAR) Filing

FBAR Filing – A Reporting Requirement for Expats

All American citizens and Green Card holders have to file US taxes every year, reporting their worldwide income, regardless of where in the world they live. If you have foreign registered accounts, you may also have to file a Foreign Bank Account Report (FBAR).

Who Has to File an FBAR?

Any American with a total of at least $10,000 in foreign registered financial accounts in a tax year must file an FBAR. This includes any type of financial account registered overseas that you have signature authority over, such as a joint, trust, or business account.

FBARs are filed to FinCEN, and the FBAR deadline is October 15, so we recommend that you file your FBAR at the same time as your federal tax return.

An Important Reporting Requirement

The IRS now receives Americans’ bank balance and contact details directly from foreign banks, so it’s important not to forget FBAR filing.

We charge a flat $100 for FBAR filing, with a discount available if you need to file multiple years. We can also help with missed FBAR and tax filing amnesty programs.

Our tax prep service has won multiple awards – expat tax is all we do, and we’re very good at it!

secure online us tax services icon


Our bespoke online client organizer is user-friendly, online-banking secure, and adapts to your circumstances.

effortless filing icon


Our talented and personable, highly-qualified CPAs and their support team are with you every step of the way.

us tax online expert CPAs icon


Achieve your best outcome with a certified, world-class, expat-specialist CPA dedicated to you.

tax service flat fees icon

Flat Fees

No surprises! We charge a $500 flat tax prep fee, and $100 for an FBAR, with reduced rates for multiple years.

Our Expat Tax Filing Process

Our tax prep process register icon

Register now, and connect with your Bright!Tax CPA

Our tax prep process upload icon

Your Bright!Tax CPA will let you know which documents and details to securely upload

Our tax prep process CPA icon

Sit back and relax while your Bright!Tax CPA prepares your expat taxes

Our tax prep process efile icon

Approve a draft of your tax return, we eFile your taxes and you’re done!

Get started now!

Start Your Expat Tax and FBAR Filing Now!

Meet Your CPA