Bright!Tax Now Offers Canadian Tax Filing For US Expats

Canadian tax filing for Americans living in Canada

Bright!Tax is the leading provider of US tax services for expats, having won four global EMMA Awards for excellence and innovation in 2017.

Bright!Tax now offers Canadian tax filing for Americans living in Canada too, providing a one stop shop solution for US expats living in Canada.

Americans living in Canada are required to file both US and Canadian taxes. Bright!Tax makes the total process smooth and hassle-free.

Canadian Taxes for US Expats

Canada taxes residents on their worldwide income on a scale from 15% to 33%. The Canadian tax year is the same as the US tax year, but Americans living in Canada must file a Canadian tax return by April 30th.

Bright!Tax, the leading US expat tax services provider, now offers Canadian tax filing too. It is a fantastic opportunity for US expats living in Canada, as despite the two different tax systems, Bright!Tax clients now only have to provide their tax information once. They can then relax in the knowledge that we will file both their US and Canadian tax returns accurately, on time, and in their best interests.

If you would like us to prepare your Canadian taxes, simply fill in the form here, and we’ll be in touch right away to guide you through the next steps.

US Taxes for Expats

The US requires expats to file US taxes, reporting their worldwide income.

Thankfully, there are a  number of exemptions available for expats which, when claimed, mean most expats owe little or no US tax. They still have to file a US return to claim these exemptions though.

Some expats have further US filing requirements for too, such as FBAR (Foreign Bank Account Report) filing, which requires expats to report their foreign bank and investment accounts if the total combined balances exceed $10,000 at any time during the year.

Thanksfully, there is an IRS amnesty program called the Streamlined Procedure that lets expats who are behind with their US tax filing catch up.

Bright!Tax is the global leader in US expat tax services, and the outstanding specialist in all US expat tax matters, including federal and state tax return filing, trusts, corporations, foreign asset and account reporting, and catching up using the Streamlined Procedure.

Register now, and your Bright!Tax CPA will be in touch right away to guide you through the next steps.

Tax Preparation winner banner for expats