Bright!Tax Now Offers UK Tax Filing For US Expats

expat filing uk taxes

Bright!Tax is the leading provider of US tax services for expats, having won four global EMMA Awards for performance and innovation in 2017.

Thanks to our partnership with Godiva Tax Services, Bright!Tax now offers UK tax filing for Americans living in the UK too, providing a one stop shop solution for US expats living in the UK.

UK Taxes for US Expats

The UK taxes residents on their worldwide income on a scale from 0% to 45%. The British tax year runs from April 6th to April 5th, and Americans living in the UK must file a UK tax return online by January 31st.

Bright!Tax, the leading US expat tax services provider, now offers UK tax filing too, in partnership with Godiva Tax Services. This is a fantastic opportunity for US expats in the UK, as despite the two differing tax years and tax systems, our clients will only have to provide their tax information once. They can then relax in the knowledge that we will file both their US and UK tax returns accurately, on time, and in their best interests.

If you would like us to prepare your UK taxes, simply fill in the form below, and we’ll be in touch right away to guide you through the next steps.

US Taxes for Expats

The US requires expats to file US taxes, reporting their worldwide income.

Thankfully, there a number of exemptions available for expats which, when claimed, mean most expats owe little or no US tax.

They must still file a US return to claim these exemptions though.

Some expats have further US filing requirements for too, such as FBAR (Foreign Bank Account Report) filing, which requires expats to report their foreign bank and investment accounts if the total combined balances exceed $10,000 at any time during the year.

Thanksfully, there is an IRS amnesty program called the Streamlined Procedure that lets expats who are behind with their US tax filing catch up.

Bright!Tax is the global leader in US expat tax services, and the outstanding specialist in all US expat tax matters, including federal and state tax return filing, trusts, corporations, foreign asset and account reporting, and catching up using the Streamlined Procedure.

Register now, and your Bright!Tax CPA will be in touch right away to guide you through the next steps.

Tax Preparation winner banner for expats